High Street Shopping
Remember these tips:
- Price comparison is essential. Check the prices of the shops on line before entering the stores.
- Decide on a price limit before you go shopping. What is the most you will pay?
- Do research before you shop. Find out what is included in the price for a particular item.
- Check to make sure the on line retailers have a good reputation for both products and services.
- Think quality rather than quantity. Select fabrics that are of a good quality. Choose silks, rayon and linens..
- Seek basic pieces and colors in simple styles. Decide on your basic colors, and get a few basic pieces in these hues. Start by buying a skirt, a pair of trousers and a shirt.
- Use color to effect. Add a top to your basic trouser/skirt combination, and get another top with accents in the same shade.
- Look for items that have been marked down.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. Let the salesperson know that you can get it cheaper at another store.
- If you are not satisfied, walk away. You can always try somewhere
A cornucopia of shopping choices awaits on High Street, but before you go to the boutiques, designer outlets, niche fashion houses and well-known department stores, don’t forget-price comparison is important. Check prices of the items on line.